Effective date: April 20, 2021
Personal Information Collection and Use
When you use the Service, we or our service providers acting on our behalf may collect the following information to provide and improve our Services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). This may include, but is not limited to your:
- Email address
- Aria device serial number
- 4 digit pairing PIN
We may also collect Personal Information from you through certain activities that are included in the Aria App. We use the information collected through these activities to provide you with the functionality of the Aria App, and to improve your experience in using the Service. Activities in the Aria App that collect Personal Information (such as usage surveys, or diary functionality) are not required for you to use the Service.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you or send you information, for example, to send you our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
Machine Data is data collected by the Aria pump (the “Machine”) and sent over Bluetooth® to the Aria App installed on your Bluetooth enabled phone. When you first access the Aria App, you will be prompted to sync your Machine with the Aria App. The synchronization will download Machine Data to your mobile device through a Bluetooth connection. Once downloaded, the Machine Data will be sent from your mobile device to our Machine Data cloud via a secure network connection. This enables the following data to be collected and stored in our Machine Data cloud:
- User consent choices
- Coaching choice and email address (if provided)
- Machine usage data: Total usage time per day for each day the therapy has been used
- Mobile phone data: App version, Phone model, Phone operating system name and version
- Machine identification data: unique identifier number, time zone
We may also collect general, non-personal, non-identifiable information that your browser or the Aria App sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service or the Aria App that you visit, activities or functionality that you interact with, the time and date of your interactions, the time spent interacting with those pages or activities, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service or the Aria App with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Statement regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)
For the purposes of documenting compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended, and its associated regulations (“CCPA”), We collect “Personal Information” from the following categories:
- (A) Identifiers (ex. real name, alias, postal address, unique identifiers, online identifiers, internet protocol (“IP”) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- (B) Categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (Identifiable information contained in Customer Records)
- (C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- (D) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- (E) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement.
- (F) Professional or employment related information.
- (G) Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a reflection of the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Personal Information we obtain through our Services for various purposes, including:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To create aggregated health information and de-identified data to improve our customers’ operations and for other lawful purposes. We remove personally identifiable information that can reasonably be used to identify you prior to sharing de-identified data with third parties.
Disclosure of Data
Aria Health does not sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share Personal Information for the purposes described below.
We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of ResMed, Inc. To facilitate our business operations, and to support the services that we provide, including the Aria Website, we may also share personal information with ResMed, Inc. or other companies that are members of the ResMed group.
We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
We may share your personal information as required or permitted by law, including sharing with law enforcement, government agencies, or authorized third parties in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other party to legal liability.
Aria Health may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Monterey Health
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out of future marketing emails by following the instructions provided in the marketing emails. Opting out of marketing emails will not affect our administrative emails to you (e.g., emails about your transactions or policy changes).
If you no longer want to provide us information through the Aria App, you may uninstall the Aria App from your device.
Your Personal Information Rights
You may make certain requests regarding our use of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 1-866-647-0691. If you are a resident of the State of California, some of these requests may be governed by CCPA. If you are not a California resident, or a response to any given request is not required by CCPA or other applicable law, you agree that we are under no obligation to provide a specific response to any such request, however, we agree to make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to any request we receive, subject to local laws. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before acting on your request.
- You may request to review and obtain a copy of your personal information. You can request to get a paper copy of the information we have about you. We will provide a copy or a summary of your information, usually within 30 days of your request. We may charge a reasonable, cost-based fee.
- You may request to amend your personal information. You can ask us to correct personal information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed. We may say “no” to your request, but we’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
- You may request to restrict use or disclosure of Personal Information in certain circumstances. Although we do not sell personal information about users of the Service, you do have the right to explicitly ask us not to sell your personal information to third-parties. This opt-out right does not apply to personal information that we share with third-parties involved in the operation of the Website.
- You may ask for a list of those with whom we’ve shared personal information with. You can ask for a list of who we’ve shared your personal information with, and why. We will usually deliver the list within 30 days of your request.
- You may request confidential communications. Within reason, we will act upon requests to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
- You may request a copy of this Privacy Notice. You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Security of Data
We use reasonable technical and administrative security measures to safeguard Personal Information and reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Although we implement reasonable security measures on our Services, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted via the Internet.
Links to Other Sites
Notice To California Residents
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed your personal information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Service is not available for anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.