- Wash your skin daily with warm (not hot) water.
- Dry your skin completely after washing, making sure to pat the skin gently instead of wiping or rubbing.
- Take extra care to dry the skin between your fingers and toes.
- Moisturize your skin at least once a day.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure, and when you are in the sun, be sure to wear sunscreen and cover the area with loose clothing.
- Do not wear tight clothing or jewelry.
The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or another health care provider if you have any questions about a medical condition or treatment, and do not disregard your doctor’s advice because of any information provided on this site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately contact your doctor or call 911.